Kalev Yacht Club
The Kalev Yacht Club is on the left bank of the River Pirita near its mouth, and is one of the oldest and most respectable clubs of its kind in Estonia. The club was founded in 1947, and two years later its clubhouse was opened.
From the club’s pier, visitors have a magnificent view of the ruins of St. Brigit's convent (constructed 1407-1436 and destroyed in the Livonian War in 1577). Tallinn is rich in beautiful sights, providing unforgettable experiences and memories.
At present the Kalev Yacht Club is home marina for more then 80 vessels. It also has a guest pier with 20 mooring places. On the first floor of the clubhouse are a restaurant and WIFI area for public internet.
In the summer 2010, 30 years after the Olympic Regatta has been held here in Tallinn, Kalev Yacht Club hosted and co-organized two very important international events - in the beginning of June European Championships for the olympic classes Laser and Laser Standard and in the beginning of August Melges 24 World Championships.
In 2011 very popular Moonsund Regatta (Muhu Väina regatt) was held in co-operation with Pärnu Yachtclub already for 54th time and in August Baltic Offshore Week took place also in our club and on the waters close to it.
In the summer of 2012 The 55th Moonsund Regatta (Muhu Väina regatt) was be organised in co-opreration with Pärnu Yachtclub. The Regatta with the highest number of participants since Estonia regained independence, saw nearly 700 yachtsmen on 115 yachts from Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania and Russia. At the same time the marina was full of cruising yachts - ICCY Rally 2012 - International Summer meeting was held here in Tallinn.
In July 2013 The 56th Moonsund Regatta will be organised in cooperation with Pärnu Yachtclub and Saaremaa Merispordiselts. On August 23-31 Finn class World Championships - Finn Gold Cup 2013 will be held in Kalev Yacht club.